- To practice as true professionals by providing the highest quality of service to the Firm’s clients
- To strive to expand and extend the Firm’s capabilities in order to offer a broad selection of accounting, auditing, tax and management advisory services to an increasing number of clients in a wide variety of businesses, professions and organizations.
- To provide professional services in keeping with the letter and spirit of the ethics of the profession, and to abide always by the CPA’s responsibilities to the public, clients and employees.
- To provide a challenging, professional climate together with a feeling of mutual assistance and respect among all employees which promotes quality of life and encourages a reasonable balance between professional and personal activities.
- To give of the time and resources of our Firm and its people to the profession and to the community.
- Our definition of management is “The development of people and not the direction of things.”
Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered is an outgrowth of several individual accounting practices, the earliest of which began in 1929 when Leo J. Brinkman opened an accounting practice in Emporia, Kansas. Since that time, there have been many milestones leading up to the Firm that exists today.
1938 An office was opened by Homer Henning in Emporia, Kansas under the name of Homer J. Henning & Company
1940 An office was opened in Ottawa, Kansas by Homer J. Henning & Company
1954 The Firm of Homer J. Henning & Company merged into the Firm of Sinderson, Henning & Mueller
1959 Mr. Brinkman merged his Firm into Sinderson, Henning & Mueller
1965 Sinderson, Henning & Mueller acquired the Firm of Hegenbart & Grimwood
1968 The Ottawa & Emporia offices of Sinderson, Henning & Mueller were purchased by Holden, Schulte and Klein. The remainder of the Firm was sold to Arthur Young & Company
1970 The Firm was reorganized as the partnership of Schulte, Klein, Gaeddert & Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered
1974 Schulte, Klein, Gaeddert & Agler purchased the practice of Walter Brueck in Paola, Kansas and established an office there
1979 The Firm was incorporated and began operating as a professional corporation under the name of Schulte, Klein, Gaeddert & Agler, Chartered
1981 John Schulte and Marvin Klein retired from the Firm
1986 The name of the Firm was changed to Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered
1997 Bob Agler retired from Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered after 35 years with the firm.
2000 Dan Robertson and Harold Mayes joined Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered as shareholders
2004 Keith Gaeddert retired from Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered after 44 years with the firm.
2014 Lucille Hinderliter stepped down from the position of shareholder.
2014 Kreston Norris III retired from Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered after 49 years with the firm.
2015 Paola location was sold.
2015 Tom Thomas retired from Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered after 43 years with the firm.
2016 The firm of Brian J Schmidt, CPA PA merged into Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered
2016 Kathleen Centlivre and Jennifer Kettler join Agler & Gaeddert, Chartered as shareholders.